Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is The Pm System Broken...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Gorilla

The Gorilla

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

Title says it all really. Keep getting error message says message must exceed 3 characters which is does.

Anybody else having problems?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

Do you have an idea when this first started? Are you sure you're not talking about the Search function, instead of the PM?

Edited by garmanma, 15 June 2008 - 08:17 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hello, The Gorilla

Sorry, but I have to ask,

Are you giving it a subject?
(Where it says "SUBJECT (required}) here:)
Posted Image

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 The Gorilla

The Gorilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

Billy no problems - first thing I checked.

Garmanma - no idea when it started, been trying since 1130 uk time. Definately the PM system.

#5 The Gorilla

The Gorilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

Hmmmmmm. It would appear the problem only occurs when using the new Opera browser. No problems when using FF.

Strange as I used this very browser the other day without problems.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

So this is working fine for you on other browsers, but when using the new Opera you get the bug? If so, there is nothing I can do for now.

#7 The Gorilla

The Gorilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

Grinler - That's correct.

Opera allows me to reply but not send - latest version. I will try again later to see.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

I had this happen a while back myself. I am a dedicated Opera user as well. I used Atribunes ATF Cleaner and resolved the problem. I don't know for a fact what the problem was. But a full ATF cleaning and machine restart resolved the issue for me.

What version are you using? The 9.5 beta or 9.27?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 tossy

tossy

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:08 AM

R u facing same problem with IE or else is it only with opera, if it only with opera try to change the version u r using, I hope it works.

#10 The Gorilla

The Gorilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

I had this happen a while back myself. I am a dedicated Opera user as well. I used Atribunes ATF Cleaner and resolved the problem. I don't know for a fact what the problem was. But a full ATF cleaning and machine restart resolved the issue for me.

What version are you using? The 9.5 beta or 9.27?

I am using version 9.5. I use ATF Cleaner on a regular basis. Seem's to be an intermitant problem. I have noticed that on other forums it forgets who I am if I tab to another page - but again not all the time.

#11 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Could be just a common bug, try restarting, see if that helps.

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

I am using version 9.5. I use ATF Cleaner on a regular basis. Seem's to be an intermitant problem. I have noticed that on other forums it forgets who I am if I tab to another page - but again not all the time.

I just confirmed this is a 9.5 problem and intermittent as stated. I upgraded to 9.5 last night and it's happening to me as well. Annoying thing that it is. But very intermittent.

Note: Grinler has an IPB forum software upgrade on the schedule. No firm date as of yet that I'm aware of. That may resolve this issue. As there is a Ff 3 bug as well being reported here at BC.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#13 The Gorilla

The Gorilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:15 PM

Animal - thank you for the update.

I hope the updates fix it as I don't really wnat to fire up IE7 for PM's :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users