Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unimpressed With My New Monitor... Could It Be Something Else?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SirZak

SirZak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:57 AM

Just picked up my HP w1907 19" LCD monitor. Looks great, speakers are hidden, glossy! Finally have a desk and a keyboard and mouse, so I'm using my laptop like a desktop. Great I thought!

After setting up my monitor, it gives me a 'Signal out of Range' error message when I set it to the recommended ratio of 1440x900; then the monitor goes into sleep mode. Currently (now) I am running 1280x800, and just about everything looks fine (text, start button is where it should be...), except the colors. My yellowes seem more closer to orange. There also seems to be a lot of jaggy edges around small gif icons, and a number of photos don't seem as nice as they are on my laptops screen.

Without dragging on, I'm convinced that my monitor doesn't look as well as it should. Technically, I shouldn't really have to calibrate the picture just to make it look 'nice'; it should already set up that way in 'auto configuration'. And if my monitor is recommended at 1440x900 resolution, then why do I get a 'out of range' error?

The final question, am I just picky? All the reviews on the w1907 are good, so I'm convinced there is something wrong. Could it be that I should run it with a DVI connection instead of VGA? However, my laptop only has a VGA connection.

I only wish I could show you how my picture looked :thumbsup: .

Laptop:
Sony Vaio w/ Mobile Intel 965 express chip.. drivers up to date.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:03 AM

Have you tried reseting the refresh rate or the adapter settings?

This article at Microsoft provides instructions for this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users