Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Alert With Antispycheck

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CourtLynn04

CourtLynn04

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

I came home from work the other evening to find my computer absolutely going crazy. Well turns out in the lower right screen near the time clock was this flashing system alert, telling me that i had unwanted spyward and to click here. I read about this virus (if thats what it is) and apparently its a trick to make you buy the product. The product is antispycheck which was also on my computer. I removed the program with no issues. The problem is, there is something still lingering. I cannot delete temporary internet files without the computer shutting down on me. I cannot finish an AVG spyware scan or the SUPERantispyware program, without it shutting down on me. Obviously whatever it is, it's still hanging out with my temporary internet files. The last thing i want to do is wipe my computer, beings that i will have to deal with download WoW back onto my computer! LOL

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Have you tried to do these things in Safe Mode?

This is a possible fix:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4925

Edited by Crizz44, 14 June 2008 - 10:27 PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Try downloading SUPERAntiSpyware and run it in Safe Mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 CourtLynn04

CourtLynn04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Way ahead of you. This strand of the virus actually wouldnt allow me to run in safe mode, disabled the f8 key. Luckily i did download the SUPERantispyware program which has a boot option menu, which allowed me to boot in safe mode. But same thing, shuts down my computer when i try to do anything. Delete temp files or run the spyware scan. I got rid of the System alert message. I also, with the SUperantispyware program blocked them from changing my homepage site to their bullbleep ad!!!

Any other ideas for me?!

#5 Eric09

Eric09

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:25 AM

Good morning

I have exactly the same problem. The computer shuts down and reboots before I can do anything! I also tried "save mode", but to no avail. It still shuts down and reboots. Do I have to reinstall Windows XP?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards
Eric09

#6 Eric09

Eric09

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

SmitFraudFix did it!!

After having run this program, unwanted and uncontrolled rebooting is gone and the system seems to perform normally. Thank you very much for this hint! It saved my day!

Eric09

#7 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

Glad it worked for you, now hopefully it will do the same for CourtLynn04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users