Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Mozilla (and Foxmarks Rôle)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

If I plan to transfer my Mozilla from D to external F. I have already synchronized my bookmarks. How do I proceed for not loosing them? Do they remain inside Foxmarks server and I need just to go there and import them or do I need to install previously a new foxmarks in the newly localized Mozilla? Many thanks and greetings
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

Unless you are going to install a operating system on the F: drive you don't want to transfer Firefox to it. Firefox is stored in your Documents and Settings of your operating system, which in this case is your C: drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:05 AM

That's precisely the reason because I want to delete the fragmentation letting remain some folders and applications: the opportunity to leave some applicaction in the internal hard disk. As a matter of facts I have Mozilla in D and the operating system in C. Many thanks and greetings
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

I think there may be a communication problem here. Fragmentation of files is a natural occurrence because of the way that files are stored by the hdd. The files do not get stored in their entirety in one place, thus they are termed fragmented. By defragmenting the hdd it helps to put these file in a more contiguous order.

Defragging the hdd will free up some space, but it will not be very much. What you need to do is to transfer your large files like photographs, videos, and non Windows application to the other hdd.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users