Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Wamp Access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

Hi,

Im trying to configure my computer so that I can access my Apache server from outside my LAN.

Heres my situation, I have a dynamic IP, and i'm connected through a Conexant Router, which splits the connection to one computer and a Hub, the hub splits it to another computer and a wireless router.

My Wamp server is on the second computer which is behind the HUB and the router.

Whenever I type in my IP address, the up to date one that is (seeing as its dynamic), it asks me for my Home Gateway Username and password, I put them in and it simply logs me into my Routers Configuration page!

Under Misc. COnfiguration HTTP Access is set to Port 80 and it is set to be publically accessible. When testing port 80 with Wampserver it returns:

Your Port 80 is actually used by :
Server: Apache 2.2.8 <win32> PHP/5.2.6
Press enter to exit.

That looks right.

Anyway, I have forwarded Port 80 successfully, with these settings:

ID

Public Port - Start

Public Port - End

Private Port

Port Type
TCP

Host IP Address

When billy O'neal nmap'ed it, it returned the HTTP port as Filtered. This could be the cause i think..

Thanks for any help/input

pat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:18 AM

Never mind, i sorted it out.

If anybody else has this problem this is how I sorted it.

--

The HTTP Access was the access for the Home Gateway as it turns out. I changed the port that the home gateway uses, and viola!

It only took me 4 hours to realise it was working after that though. It seems i can't view it "Externally" from the computer its hosted on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users