Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

hi, i have purchased a good quality sharps vl a10h 8mm camcorder, the problem is playback is thro a cable with 2 phono jacks one yellow and one white which should connect to the tv, my question is, can it be modified to playback thro a usb2 port and would it need a driver, then i could burn the video to cd, my laptop is a toshiba 1800s/254 with 1ghz and 256 ram dvd rom cd rewrite cheers
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

Those cables are for composite output.

They can connect to a VCR or any other device with connections for composite inputs (VCR, TV, etc.). An example of such devices is http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/P...VD+Recorder.htm

Note: I am not suggesting, recommending, or endorsing said product...just providing an example of a device which will accept inputs from RCA plug composite sources.

IMO, no system with 256 MB of RAM...can do adequate video processing of any type.

That's a PIII processor, right?

Louis

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

hi louis, yes it is p111 with a trident video accelerator cyber blade Ai1 graphics, the ram is actually 376 but that is also graphic supportive, it is not the worlds best gaming machine but i use it for more than that, it runs well with sp2, ie7 wmp11,it has a 30gig harddrive with a 40 gig external harddrive, a 2port usb2 cardbus, a 2port firewire cardbus a 4port usb2 hub,a wifi internet card, it is very well protected and system maintained weekly, i am holding back with sp3 until the bugs are ironed out, so thanks for you advice and i will check out that site you mentioned cheers finbar

#4 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

hi hamluis i have found a guy in nottingham who has a video capture card, it as phono plugs for viewcam and a usb2 connector for the lap top, with this device i can also connect the dvd player or vcr or any analogue device and transfer it to digital, the package also has a cd rom with driver and a ulead movie editing studio program all for 4.95 plus 4.99 p&p brilliant, finbar

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

Well done...I use Ulead Video Studio as one of my editing programs, I think you'll like it :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users