Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue Spyremoval

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ps2008

ps2008

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi there.

I had one of the rogue antivirus on my computer. I had the notorious pop up fake warning, the slowness of the system, resetting homepage of browser, etc.

I performed a few scans and removals. They are Ad-Aware, SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes' AntiMalware and ComboFix.

Each above when completely gives logs and does removals. My computer appears to run normal.

I am still getting this sotfone.ru cookie every time I go to any site. I think this is still from the rogue "AntiSpyCheck" that had gotten onto my computer but all the things above tell me everything was successfully removed.

I also want to mention that after I ran the ComboFix and viewed the log I then closed the log report and then the screen was the blue Dell background with nothing else. It stayed like that for several minutes and didn't appear to be doing anything so I turned off the computer and turned it back on. I'm only mentioning this in case it's important to know.

I'm wondering how I can get rid of the sotfone.ru cookie. I believe getting this cookie tells me there is still some sort of malware, spyware somewhere on my computer?

I'd like thank you in advance for any advice or help you can offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aaflac

Aaflac

Doin' Dis 'n Dat...

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)
Save it to the Desktop
Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on Posted Image and follow the prompts.
  • If your firewall offers a warning, allow the program to run
  • When finished, DSS opens two Notepad files: main.txtcolor="Red"] < this one is maximized[/color] and extra.txt < this one is minimized
    (A copy of these files is also found in C:\Deckard\System Scanner)
Please post the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in the HijackThis and Malware Removal forum.

It may take more than one post to provide these logs. If so, please do consecutive posts (one after the other).

Old duck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users