Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootable

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dax213

dax213

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

ok, i'm trying to boot from my isolinux CD, no install, just booting from it... just this morning it worked like a charm, now using the same CD, same laptop... i get an error, it can't boot the cd.

Image checksum error, sorry...

Boot Failed: press a key to retry.

but it doesn't retry because well, you see ISOLINUX 3.36 bla bla bla... printed a thousand times directly after, you don't have the time to press anything...

i don't get it, i didn't change anything... i cant re burn on an already burnt cd! and it worked this morning!! ... what's up?

help???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

Sounds like the CD got corrupted, or the disk got scratched somehow. Either case, you'll probably be best off finding another CD and re-burning.

#3 dax213

dax213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

how can a cd get corrupted ??!?! ... it's read only ... and it wasn't near heat source... URGG!! ... and now all the stores are closed, i'm out of burnable CD's ... IT'S NOT FAIR!! ... ... i needed to vent a little bit... sorry.

#4 dax213

dax213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

ha... hahaha ... haHAHAHAHA!! ... fixed it :thumbsup:

#5 dax213

dax213
  • Topic Starter