Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Well reinstalled windows recently, and ive lost my graphics, so when i scroll down and up and crosswards its like fuzzy :\

Any ideas on how i can get them back?
anyone help will be thanked :thumbsup:

Thanks for reading.

Edited by samuel3, 13 June 2008 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

You need to install your graphics drivers. Do you know what kind of graphics card you have?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:58 AM

You need to install your graphics drivers. Do you know what kind of graphics card you have?

No, i dont know how to find what graphics card i have

Anyone know how i can find out?

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:59 AM

What graphics hardware are you using? Have you installed the driver software from the CD provided with the hardware?

Edited by garmanma, 14 June 2008 - 08:24 AM.
Merged from duplicate topic

Regards,

Alan.

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:41 AM

Device manager should be able to tell you. The easiest way to get to it, is by just typing Device Manager in the search box under windows. If not you can go to control panel, system, and you should see device manager around there somewhere. In Windows Vista, it should be in the top left of the opened window.

In device manager you should see a bunch of different things with plus signs next to them. Go to the one labeled display adapters and click it so it drops down. One of the things that drops down should be your graphics card. If it's ATI you can go to ati.com to find drivers, and if its Nvidia, you can go to nvidia.com to find drivers. If you need help finding the right drivers, just post back here and tell me what your exact model of graphics card is, and your version of windows.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

Device manager should be able to tell you. The easiest way to get to it, is by just typing Device Manager in the search box under windows. If not you can go to control panel, system, and you should see device manager around there somewhere. In Windows Vista, it should be in the top left of the opened window.

In device manager you should see a bunch of different things with plus signs next to them. Go to the one labeled display adapters and click it so it drops down. One of the things that drops down should be your graphics card. If it's ATI you can go to ati.com to find drivers, and if its Nvidia, you can go to nvidia.com to find drivers. If you need help finding the right drivers, just post back here and tell me what your exact model of graphics card is, and your version of windows.

i don't have model numbers, theses 2 stickers on my comp, saying product key\number, and other numbers and letters on the sticker. And it does not say display drivers.

Its Windows xp professional.

Edited by samuel3, 14 June 2008 - 09:28 AM.

#7 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

The make and model of your computer should be on the tower somewhere...Make would be something like Dell, Sony, HP, Compaq, Acer, etc...Model would be something like Inspiron, Dimension, or even a series of letters and numbers like D521 and so forth. The stickers that you are referring to probably (product key) refers to the key needed to validate windows...The other numbers (under a bar code) could very well be a service tag number which could be of use to determine what model your computer is and what it has installed on it.

If your computer is a laptop the numbers will be on the bottom somewhere. If your computer is a custom made unit then other tools may be used to determine what is actually installed on your system.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#8 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

The make and model of your computer should be on the tower somewhere...Make would be something like Dell, Sony, HP, Compaq, Acer, etc...Model would be something like Inspiron, Dimension, or even a series of letters and numbers like D521 and so forth. The stickers that you are referring to probably (product key) refers to the key needed to validate windows...The other numbers (under a bar code) could very well be a service tag number which could be of use to determine what model your computer is and what it has installed on it.

If your computer is a laptop the numbers will be on the bottom somewhere. If your computer is a custom made unit then other tools may be used to determine what is actually installed on your system.

Its Compaq.

Edited by samuel3, 14 June 2008 - 12:57 PM.
to remove Product Key to protect the Member

#9 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

OK...Your computer manufacturer is Compaq...That is half of the battle...THE PRODUCT KEY that you posted will not do any good as to determine what model your computer is...It's only function is for validating the version of Windows that your computer has installed...Is there a sticker with a bar code on it? If there is there should be a series of numbers under it...These are service tag numbers...Post those numbers in your next response please.

The photo bucket screen shot will also not tell us anything from dxdiag.

#10 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

OK...Your computer manufacturer is Compaq...That is half of the battle...THE PRODUCT KEY that you posted will not do any good as to determine what model your computer is...It's only function is for validating the version of Windows that your computer has installed...Is there a sticker with a bar code on it? If there is there should be a series of numbers under it...These are service tag numbers...Post those numbers in your next response please.

The photo bucket screen shot will also not tell us anything from dxdiag.

Edited by samuel3, 14 June 2008 - 12:56 PM.

#11 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

I don't think that number will do anything for you either...Try reading through this...The Control+Alt+S function may tell you what you want to know...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...&cc=us#N336

#12 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

I don't think that number will do anything for you either...Try reading through this...The Control+Alt+S function may tell you what you want to know...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...&cc=us#N336

Edited by samuel3, 14 June 2008 - 12:56 PM.

#13 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

Still no-go with any of the numbers that you posted. Please try this...Click on this link...When it opens (where it says Automatically detect product names/numbers) click on the detect button...This will scan your system and give exact names and numbers.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

#14 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Still no-go with any of the numbers that you posted. Please try this...Click on this link...When it opens (where it says Automatically detect product names/numbers) click on the detect button...This will scan your system and give exact names and numbers.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

ok now what?

#15 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

Did you use the link that I previously posted? It should auto-detect your system and lead you to exactly what drivers you need for your system...You can download sound and video drivers from there. Just make sure they are compatible for the version of windows that you have ie: XP or Vista....

If it just tells you that you have a Compaq Presario or Pavillion and maybe a model number just plug that information in the search box and it should take you to the downloads page.

I am trying to help you with this but as I am not standing in front of your system, you are going to have to do some of the investigating on your own...I will help you as much as I can...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users