Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing Will Open In My Laptop Correctly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bssfadmen322

Bssfadmen322

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Okay, I'll explain my problem.

I had downloaded a file in BitTorrent. When it was finished, I right clicked and selected, "Open Containing Folder". It then said that the file was corrupted. I deleted the torrent and data, but when I went to my desktop, everything had the Bit Torrent icon. Nothing would open. They all just said to select a file. I deleted BitTorrent and restarted the laptop. It was doing the same thing, so I tried the system restore, and it did the same thing. Nothing's opening correctly. The only thing that has opened is Safari, which came with this laptop. I have a Windows Vista by HP. It's a tablet one...new. I can't remember it exactly, but I think it's the HP Pavillion tx2000. Yeah, it is. I just looked it up on Google. I have about 100 GB of work for school on here, so I can't afford to format it. I also can't put the memory onto a disk or anything because that program won't work either. Please help.

Edited by Bssfadmen322, 13 June 2008 - 10:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

Are you running any "housekeeping" software to delete temporary files and cookies, or any software to take care of trojans and viruses? If that school work is of value, you should copy it to an external drive or burn it to cd or dvd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users