Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating Driver Files On A Shared Print Queue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 diann

diann

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

I have a seemingly easy question that I hope you guys can answer.

Is there a correct way to update/change driver files associated with a shared server queue? For instance, does the queue need to be unshared first? Does the spooler need to be stopped? Do the users need to reconnect to continue using the existing queue?

I'm not changing the name of the queue, just changing the print driver to a different model. Both client and server are XP.

Thanks for the feedback!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JeremyTM

JeremyTM

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

No. The driver can be changed on the fly and the users will not have to reconnect. have you had issues with doing this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users