Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hdd Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Hi all ,,, i have just read something about how the hard drive should be mounted in the pc case,,, it sed that layed flat was better for them as apposed to standing up, in mine its stood up at the front of the case but i have a couple of expantion slots that i can fit it in if its better to lay it flat,,, any info on this would be greatfull.,,,,,,,,
this is the HDD i have in my pc,,, its a rebranded Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache Hard Disk Drive,,,,,, thanks all.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

The platter/s and their bearing don't really get effected by gravity, so it doesn't really matter if they are mounted horizontally or vertically. I've seen manufacturers install them both ways.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

I've been running my hard drives both ways for the last few years, no problems :thumbsup:.

Louis

#4 figgis41

figgis41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

ok,, thanks guy's,,, nothing to worry about then.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users