Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Blue Screen Of Death Is Starting To Appear!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 annabanana

annabanana

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

Recently I bought an HP Pavilion dv9000 XP Professional laptop. Here are the specs:

-----------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Processor: IntelŪ Core™2 CPU T5600 at 1.83ghz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2.46 RAM
Page File: 576 MB used, 3363 MB available
DirectX Version: Direct X Version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

-----------

The first month or so was fine. No problems, it was running great. I played on the SIMS2, browsed the internet, worked on Microsoft Word. I also installed three Sims2 expansion packs [Bon Voyage, Pets, and Open for Buisness]. My computer exceeded the requirements for the game and it continued to work fine without a problem. Then, however, a few weeks later, I tried to install Sims2: University.

Big mistake.

After that, I would play on the Sims 2 for an hour or so before the blue screen of death appeared and rebooted the computer. I uninstalled University, but simply playing Sims2 with the other expansion packs caused the blue screen to appear after half an hour to an hour. The blue screen appeared so fast though, I was not able to grab the information on it.

I thought the blue screen may have been cause by the Sims2 and exp packs - today while playing the Sims2, the blue screen appeared again.

I had already taken precautions however, and made sure the screen would stay long enough so I could write down the information by disabling the 'reboot immediately' option on services.msc .

This is what appeared on the blue screen:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF5042A1A, 0xF78E2584, 0xF78E2280)

mcdbus.sys - address

F5042A1A base at F5031000, DATESTAMP 47b94fea

I sent an error report to Microsoft every time a blue screen appeared, and even attempted to do research about the causes on my own. I know its a stop error, and most likely has to do with my device drive, but when I go onto the website to look for updated versions, I can't find my own graphic card there.

Here are the specs for the graphics of the computer:

-------

Name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce Go 7600
Approx Total Memory: 256.0 MB
Main Drivers: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.8602 (english)

[Sound] Device Name: Conexant HD Audio output

---------

A few minutes ago I was playing a flash based game on Neopets [neopets.com], and in the middle of playing the blue screen appeared.

This is what was on it:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF58ABA1A, 0xF78E6584, 0xF78E6280)

mcdbus.sys - Address F58ABA1A Base at F589A000, Datestamp 47b94fea

C: DOCUME~1/HENARH~1\LOCALS~1/TEMP\WERdcf9.dir00\Mini061208-01.dmp

C: DOCUME~1/HENARH~1\LOCALS~1/TEMP\WERdcf9.dir00\sysdata.xml

---------

At the moment I am creating PC Recovery Discs just in case...

I really want to know the cause of the blue screen, and how to prevent it. Also, if its indicative of something fatal in the system or a minor error.

I hope I included enough information. I apologize if the post is unclear or not organized enough. I've had problems before on my desktop [in the end, it turned out the electrical output kept frying my motherboard, so I only needed to get a new electrical strip], and spend a couple hundred fixing it. Hopefully the laptop will stay and be okay for a good long time. I take care of it, keep it propped up so that there is continuous cool air flow, it almost never leave the table. It is also by my window, but during the day I keep the blinds shut so no sunlight touches the laptop.

Edited by annabanana, 13 June 2008 - 01:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:03 AM

Have you installed a program called MagicISO? It's likely that the driver for that is causing problems with your system (it's the source of the mcdbus.sys file). I'd suggest uninstalling it to see if that fixes the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 annabanana

annabanana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

You're right, I have. I'll uninstall it right away and see if that can fix it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users