Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer "system Error" Pop Up Window...help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WinterRose

WinterRose

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

Everytime I open my Internet Explorer a window pops up that says:
"System Error Attention, user some dangerous trojan horses detected in your system. Windows Vista ™ Home Basic files corrupted. This may lead to the destruction of important files in C:\Windows. Download protection software now! Click OK to download the antispyware. (Recommended)"
When I hit cancel the window just keeps popping up until I hit ok and then a download box opens up wanting me to download the file "ieav.exe" After I hit cancel then change pages in my browser the box will come back but if I hit cancel it will go away until I change pages again Also whenever I do a
Google search a similar warning are in my search results and clicking on it directs me to the "ieav.exe"
I have a Compaq Presario SR2150NX with an Intel Celeron D CPU 3.33GHz 32-bit Operating System and I am running Windows Vista Home Basic

I have scanned my computer with Windows Defender and AVG and neither of them find anything wrong

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

Please use our self help tutorial and let us know.

IE AntiVirus Removal Guide
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 WinterRose

WinterRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

It was some kind of spyware.........I downloaded Super Anti Spyware Professional and updated my AVG from version 7.5 to version 8.0 and that took care of it :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users