Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Resolution Compatible With My Comp?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 333nnn

333nnn

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

A monitor that I want to buy has a recommended resolution of 1680x1050, but the maximum video resolution for my computer is 1600x1200. Is this monitor compatible with my computer? Thanks for any replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

Monitor manufacturer and model?

Same for either system (if Gateway, Dell, etc.) or motherboard (if onboard video) or video card (if not onboard).

Louis

#3 333nnn

333nnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

Compaq Presario 5000, Model 5BW220, Made 7/19/00, Windows XP Pro, 15 Gig master drive, 37 Gig slave drive, 512 MB RAM, 631 MHz Intel Celeron processor, Compaq 06C0 motherboard. I'm not sure 06C0 is the correct product number of my motherboard. How can I find which motherboard I have?

Monitor: Samsung, 2032 NW, 20". Newegg.com is selling them.

Edited by 333nnn, 12 June 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

The monitor will work with that computer, but it will not operate at its' best with the onboard video that came with it. You could buy a video card like this Biostar AGP card. I'm not recommending this specific card, but it would work and provide you with the resolution that you need.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users