Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Deluxe 2.0 Won't Start Suddenly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dsljohn

dsljohn

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi, and thanks for your attention and hopefully your help in solving this problem. I Love Adobe's Photodeluxe 2.0. It is a simple to use photo editor, and whenever I edit photo's, I use it first before any other program. I tried to launch it yesterday and it comes up with a gray window that says: There is not enough memory (RAM) tp launch PhotoDeluxe.
Well, my computer runs a celeron 2.8 GHZ and I have 1.5 GBS of Ram. I run a memory manager and I have over 900 meg of Ram available. THis is not due to lack of memory, but that is the error the program is reporting. I know that this program is probably 5 years or older, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me troubleshoot it and find the problem.
I recently changed anti-virus/spyware software to Norton, which is provided by my DSL Provider. So I tried safe mode and got the same message when I tried to lanch it there. I believe Windows did an update just in the last 2 or 3 days, and I wonder if that could have caused this. Thanks for your help. John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:43 AM

I did a google search which lead me to information that points to that program having a problem with too much RAM. Yeah...go figure. It seems that the work around is to max out your virtual memory, I ran across two different site that had success with the same method.

Start> Control Panel> System. Click on the Advanced tab, under Performance click on Settings. Under the Performance Options click on the Advanced tab, under Virtual Memory click on Change.

Please let us know if this works.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Norton is a known resource hog
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 dsljohn

dsljohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

Thak you so much for your help in Solving this problem. I went in and reset my virtual memory to what windows recommended and then saved it and then opened the program. It was very quick to do and worked...thanks again...John

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

Glad to be able to help you John. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users