Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimjams

jimjams

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

hi all when i switch in pc i get the following message:-windows cannot find 'svchost.exe.'
make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. to search for a file,click the start button, and then click search

I have done this action but as expected no file was found. any ideas to fix this start up probnlem---regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

How long have you had this problem?

Have you tried doing a System Restore?

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

Have you run any scan for infections? When you run your scans they will be more effective if you do them in Safe Mode.

Edited by dc3, 12 June 2008 - 10:47 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jimjams

jimjams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

had it about 2 weeks and did a system restore to a month ago but problem still there at start up

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

Take a look at this post to assist you in gathering more information: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=748430

However, stop after you have completed the Autoruns section. DO NOT proceed with downloading and runnning the "PRT-Perlovga-Removal-Tool". Or download Flash_Disinfector.exe. Those are Malware tools and those directions are for that specific members issues. Doing so on your machine without guidance or need may cause damage to your operating system.

The first part is generic and will be of benefit to assist in analyzing what your particular issue may be. Post back with any results are you are able to generate. We will be able to further assist you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 jimjams

jimjams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

hi animal did the autorun as you said and found the" not found" svchost.exe and deleted it i then did a reset and total success the error message no longer appears at startup-- Thank you very much for your help its very much appreciated best regards to all

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

You're quite welcome. And thank you for posting that your issue was resolved.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users