Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

Ok, I'm going to have to come clean on this one. I'm paranoid. :thumbsup:

I've been pretty much securing my PC and network this week, encrypting my drive, salting passwords, etc etc etc blah blah blah. I just need one more thing. I need a good, secure, and free proxy server. (Not like the ones you use to get around filtering, but ones that shoot data off to some server, get stuff off the web, and shoot it back to you). I Googled for some, and there's a lot out there, but I'm not sure which ones are actually good/still work/don't sell your crap to hackers. Anyone got any suggestions?

--Madman6510

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:04 AM

Would something like Tor help http://www.torproject.org/ The problem with free ones is there is no real gaurantee that they will protect you. but paid versions will.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:43 AM

I know theres a program or OS called Squid.

Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator. It runs on Unix and Windows and is licensed under the GNU GPL.

I havn't used it, the school that I recently left does and it does quite a good job. Well... good on their side but not good on ours :flowers: because we want to go on site but they block them :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users