Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Laptop Turning Volume Down By Itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hockeyfrk5

hockeyfrk5

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hey everyone,

My laptop has recently been driving me crazy as hell. Today, my laptop has been turning the volume down to complete silence all on its own. I can turn the speaker volume up as much as I want through either the speaker icon on my desktop or by physically pressing the volume up button on my Quickplay panel on my laptop, and the volume turns right back down. It's almost as if the volume down button on my Quickplay button panel is stuck pressing down but doesn't physically feel like it.

When I restart my computer, it works fine for about 15 minutes or so, then it starts doing it out of nowhere.

It might be interesting to know that I recently got it serviced for a new fan from Circuit City about a week ago, although the problem began happening today.

I've reinstalled and repaired the drivers over and over as well as did a complete virus scan, and all I can think is maybe it's a hardware problem. Is there a possibility I can disable the Quickplay button panel? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,123 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

I'd guess that the software is corrupt...I would try uninstalling/reinstalling same, http://www.asifism.com/installing-hp-quick...ebook-vista-xp/

Louis

#3 hockeyfrk5

hockeyfrk5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

well, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quickplay and the Quickplay buttons, I've tried reinstalling the sound drivers, and I've tried disabling the Quickplay startup applications through MSConfig. anyone else have any ideas?

#4 hockeyfrk5

hockeyfrk5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

This is still an issue. does anyone have any other suggestions?

#5 JamieH

JamieH

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Try calling HP/Compaq, if it's still under warranty, they should be able to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users