Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verifying Dmi Pool Data

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 allbuisness

allbuisness

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

i just built my new computer
i hooked the monster to the grafix card and the black screen said a bunch of stuff and then

verifying dmi pool data..............
could not boot, insert boot disk

so i inserted the xp disk and it said
then it launched into the windows xp installation. when it asked me about partitions i turned it off and added a couple fans directly to the psuand put the lid on the case and stood it upright.

i turned it on again and now it just says

and hangs there forever

im in tears, it thought i finally got it working

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

Just so I understand correctly. This is a brand new build, Windows is not installed yet, right? Can you turn the computer on and get to the BIOS?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 allbuisness

allbuisness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

this just in:
it says "update succesful" if i disconnect the hard drive.

it doesnt matter which sata slot i use or which sata cord i use, and i tried running just 1 dimm

the thing recognised the hdd when i started installing xp, it even counted its bits

Edited by tg1911, 11 June 2008 - 11:12 PM.
to merge 3 separate posts into 1

#4 allbuisness

allbuisness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

OK GET THIS!!!:::
i put the xp disk in and restarted. i had the hdd disconnected until it passed by the hang, then it booted xp setup. AS QUICK AS THE WIND i connected the hdd. setup loads, and detects it. it is now formatting. what do u think? i am suspicious because the keyboard seemed to stop working after i pressed f2, f9, or del to get into the bios options, boot menu, or recovery disk. it is working now through thesetup. btw, same results for 2 different keuyboards in 2 diffferent back pannel usb slots. what do u think?

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

I think you should take a deep breath, relax and slow down. Take the time to read the BIOS setup section of the motherboard manual
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

To navigate in the BIOS you use the up, down, left, and right arrows to move to the areas or items that you wish to look in or change. You use Enter to choose the item that you will want to make changes in. You will use the + and - key to change valuse, enable, disable... The escape (Esc) key will usually get you out of the section that you entered. Most all BIOS are similar in this respect, but as suggested, you should read your user's manual to be clear on how to navigate in your specific BIOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 allbuisness

allbuisness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

update:
ok ive been working on this all day. the computer seems fickle. sometimes i am able to do what i want, and sometimes not. i used to not be able to select any of the options in the bios, boot order menys, but now i can for the most part. i am using the correct memory cpu and fsb timings multipliers speeds and voltages, however, it will not let me change the vcore. i goofed around in the bios and finally got it to boot up a different way. it now sasys windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. could not read from the selected boot disk (cdrom). im going to try the same trick i tried before with a different version of windows xp, but i am unhopeful and need ur input.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

If it were me, I restore the default settings in the BIOS,and make sure the optical drive is first in the boot order, and install Windows.I'd make sure the computer is up and running before I'd start tweaking different settings
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users