Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Adapter Not Showing Any Networks To Connect To

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mojotrey3

mojotrey3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Hello bleepingcomputer,

My issue at hand is trying to get my Linksys Wireless-G Network Adapter to connect to the internet. This adapter has worked wonders up till today. At my apt we now have Time Warner Cable Internet instead of AT&T Sbc-Global which was installed today, June 11, 2008. One desktop is connected by LAN and two laptops are connected via wireless cards and each work great. My other desktop is the computer that I need to connect via Linksys Wireless-G and have not had success with connecting to the internet.

I've un-installed from Device Manager the Linksys Driver and restarted my computer. Then plugged the usb adapter back in and the driver was re-installed successfully but the same problem still persist. I am using the windows utility to connect vs the linksys utility. When I right click on my red x over the wireless icon in the bottom right corner and click view available wireless connections the adapter is not finding a single one.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need more information to help me please ask and I will respond.

Thanks for your time,

Mojo

Edited by mojotrey3, 11 June 2008 - 04:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mojotrey3

mojotrey3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

Yes sir got the thing working. I had the Wireless Zero Config shut down from services.msc. It all works now!

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users