Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I Think My Psu Has Failed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 F0r7y_2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

Okay, here's the deal. I have a gaming computer and being the performance nut that I am I overclock it. Now I understand that overclocking can cause problems so i accept those risks and I try to be carefully.

Until recently my computer has run fine, however, about a week ago, maybe a bit more, I started suffering from a rash of lock ups and random restarts. Also, in the last week my computer has blue screened several times. Each of these times I increased the fan speed on the coolers and I reduced the clock speed. I didnt seem to do much good. Now, today, my computer locked up several times and restarted randomly. I tried to fix it by reseting everything to default and turn up the fans even more. Now though my comp often cant even make it to desktop before rebooting. I have checked and rechecked everything but it's all at default.

I have had similar problems before and it has been caused by the Power Supply, however, I wanted to post and check for any second opinions before I went and shelled out for a new supply that I may or may not need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,017 posts
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:36 PM

Well...all those blue screens where you didn't write down the details...they contain what I would consider the keys to your computer kingdom.

I've seen PS failures before...BSODs were not a key feature of the ones I've seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users