Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Website Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Connor!

Connor!

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

I have Windows XP and am using Firefox as my main internet browser.

Whenever I go to play a youtube video, It will say 'We're Sorry, This video is no longer available'
This is with any video, and I know that it is not a flash problem.
I also cannot enter certain verification codes on certain sites like Rapidshare and Bebo - It will always say it's wrong.

This happened a while ago, and I created a new account and deleted my old one and it worked for a while, but recently I have had the same problem again. Is it a Virus or another program conflicting with it?

Thanks

(The same problem happens on IE and Safari)
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

Security settings maybe?

#3 Connor!

Connor!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:17 AM

Security settings maybe?

Security settings on what? Computer or Internet Browser?

Thanks
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

Browser.

#5 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Try these suggestions :flowers:

1) check settings and rules in the Windows Firewall or your 3rd party firewall (if you have one) to see if any video streaming or the like is blocked. Also, check the hardware firewall (router) for any unusual settings

2) have you recently had a virus or spyware that was "cleaned"? Maybe your security software blocked any flash content.

3) uninstall your flashplayer & shockwave player and reinstall the latest version. You will need the Firefox version AND the Internet Explorer version. Get the uninstaller from here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=1

I would strongly recommend you update your definitions and run virus & malware scans in Safe Mode and also post a Hijack This log in the forums.

I have a feeling that you're infected somehow. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users