Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 don-don

don-don

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Can't get adobe flash player to install... I've done everything adobe support center reccomended doing .. even downloaded and ran windows subincal ... nothing works! ... any ideas? help please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

Use Adobe's uninstall tool to uninstall the old version of Flash. Then reinstall the new version. That should work.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Use Adobe's uninstall tool to uninstall the old version of Flash. Then reinstall the new version. That should work.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

I don't think hes able to install it at all or even have it on his computer.

Are you trying to install in through the Firefox plug-in thingy? Thats never worked to me so I just install it manually. Have you tried that?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:08 PM

When trying to install Flash do you get any error messages?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 don-don

don-don
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

I did uninstall the old version of Flash. No error messages, just that installation had failed and to go to Adobe support. Now when I try to download it, it appears that it has downloaded with no installation failure messages, but it actually hasn't downloaded and isn't on my computer. How do you manually install?

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller, and then try to re-install Flash.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 don-don

don-don
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Budapest, I did download and run Adobe Flash uninstaller. You want me to try it again anyway?

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

I wasn't sure if you'd tried it or not. Can't hurt to try again. If it still doesn't work you might try these suggestions.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 don-don

don-don
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

Budapest, I downloaded and ran the Adobe Flash Uninstaller again... It worked! I now have Flash ... thanks, you rock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users