Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 Drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Meskis

Meskis

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

Ok, so I recently installed Age of Conan, and it recommends updating my drivers to a higher version (I'm pretty sure it said 167.51), because my current version was very unstable. I have an HP pavilion dv6000 laptop, so I go to the Nvidia site, and see that I need to go directly to the manufacturer for the update. I am having a hard time finding where to update my drivers, and am not even sure what they are exactly. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be extremely helpful.

I hope this is in the right section.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:07 AM

I found THIS which is version 175 something. If you want to give it a try, just remember to uninstall the old driver first... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Meskis

Meskis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

Ok I downloaded and installed it and it said

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,560 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

I'd try these: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=1842155

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 June 2008 - 08:09 PM.

#5 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:42 AM

Ok I downloaded and installed it and it said

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

If I'm not mistaken, that message is because the previous drivers and all software for your current setup has not been 100% removed.
You have to make sure that all drivers and software files related have been removed, which means your nVidia Folder in your Program Files.

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users