Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken File

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroThree

ZeroThree

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

i am a digital artist and know my way around the apps, i am using cinema 4d (a 3d creating application) i've alreaady put in about 100 hours to this project. i open the file and start working and then merge another c4d file into my scene and the app freezes on me, i couldnt do nething not evn a ctrl alt delete. so i shut down and restart i ty to open the file again but it says unknown file format. i check the file and its still a c4d file but it now has 0 kb is there anyway to recover the file (this happened the 8th around 9:30)? id really appreciate the help oh and im running vista also

Edited by ZeroThree, 10 June 2008 - 08:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

do you have infraview? that might pick it up, make sure you download the add ons,
http://www.irfanview.com/

#3 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

you might be able to get help at www.3dbuzz.com

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,528 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

This maybe helpful to you

Recover Files with Shadow Copies on Any Version of Windows Vista
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 ZeroThree

ZeroThree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:19 PM

ok i tried all of them im not sure how irfanview could of help though unless im using it wrong but the shadow explorer almost had it but the dates only went back to the 15th (tried on the 18th) so i did some research and it is pretty much like system restore and i have auto restore dates on the system restore set so it overwrote the one i had on the 6th which woulda worked. so i think im screwed now. thanx neways guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users