Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Firefox Glitch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nina

nina

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

Hi. I have been using and loving Firefox but suddenly it has developed some annoying problems.
I have had to go back to IE which is really annoyng.
A couple of days ago it stopped displaying the scrollbar which is really annoying because the page down and arrow keys only work on some pages.
Then it began displaying only half the page! The left half of the screen is blank. It looks like Firefox is rendering the whole page but that I just need to tug it over if that makes sense.
So I tried going back to default theme even tho I had been using the other theme for a while. No fix.
I reinstalled old version. No fix.
Unistalled 1.01 and installed 1.02 again. No fix.
Has anyone ever heard of this? I would really appreciate some advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:29 PM

Never heard of this...very strange.

Close all firefox windows.

Back up your prefs.js file found at:

%userprofile%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.wut

Delete that file and run firefox and see what if the problem is gone. If its not, then copy your prefs.js back into the above directory as it is not a setting causing the problem.

#3 nina

nina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

Gosh thanks for responding so fast!
I tried it but it did not work. Still got a copy of the file sitting on my desktop.
I am seriously tempted to uninstall everything mozilla related and start over. I've been reading thru the Firefox forum but I haven't found anything yet.
I also don't know how to describe my problem well enough for a search and could use some advice about that too!
Thanks.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:45 PM

I would uninstall firefox..delete that mozilla directory in your profile (save yours prefs.js if you want) and then reinstall.

#5 appleswitch

appleswitch

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:59 AM

If the problem stays I think I have the same thing along time ago. I proboablyjust reloaded my computer after a couple of months but I remember if you highlight everything on the page almost to the bottom of the page It will start to scroll down highlighting, then just let go of ther mouse and your at the bottom half! Sorry I dont have a fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users