Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Device Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akex

akex

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

Hi all
I need some help please deciphering a possible 'fix' to a problem I have.
Briefly..I installed a new motherboard a couple of days ago (GeForce 6100pm-M2) I got all the BIOS settings correct and booted up. Windows recognised the new hardware and installed the drivers from the installation cd..., exept one called 'Media' It appears in device manager as an unknown device with the yellow exclamated triangle.
It won't uninstall because i get the frustrating message that 'Windows cannot uninstall thid device as it may be required to boot the computer, I can't roll back because there is nothing to roll back to and the updated drivers from GeForce don't work either. Now I was reading something where someone else had exactly the same problem as I have and the fix offered (and what I need help with) is this..

UAA bus driver installed? if yes make.
Disable 'unknown device'
Disable 'Microsoft Uaa bus driver'
Uninstall 'Uaa bus driver'
Rescan devices
Install new driver

Where do I look for all of this, in device manager..?
A translation would be very much appreciated

Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akex

akex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hello again
Forget that last post, I've sorted it. My aged memory suddenly remembered where I've seen this before and the fix for this particular problem is this..

Open 'Device Manager'

Disable 'Unknown device'
Go to 'view'>> 'Devices by connection'
Find and disable 'Microsoft Uaa bus driver'
Uninstall 'Uaa bus driver'
Then either rescan devices or install the new driver from it's location.

It's just worked for me and I hope this will help others with a similar problem.

Ohhh, the sound of sweet music once more.. :thumbsup:

Regards
Alex

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thank you for posting the resolution to you problem
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 akex

akex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

No problem, but perhaps it might be better if it were moved to the Audio forum which I've just been looking at..?
I saw it after I'd already posted.
regards
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users