Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connectivity Between 2 Pcs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cumbiamo

cumbiamo

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

Ok not sure what type of info would be helpful. Have two PCs one called Studiopc other Basement both part of Home workgroup. Used XP wizard to connect them. They are both connected through a linksys wired router.. bf41 (ithink). Both running xp home sp2. Nervous about sp3... so I go to each pc with firewalls down and ping bsement and studio.. on both i recievd a 4 packets sent 4 receivd. studio is 192.168.1.101 and basement 192.168.1.100. I can get to the internet on both pcs.

However, I want to use my basement as a backup type pc, but when I click explore and try navigating to share files... NADA (nothing). Settings for shared folders are clicked. Really don't know where else to go other than running wizrad again... not usre how to diagnose whatsda matter.... any help ... would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 liamthomas6

liamthomas6

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

Well, What i would reccommend it a program called Team Viewer. It is a networking tool allowing users to connect to other pc's world wide. Its free!(Aslong as it is for personal use.)

Just use google to get it :thumbsup:

Liam

#3 Code Poet

Code Poet

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

If you are using a firewall then you need to add each PC to the other's trusted sites. Usually just do range for the LAN.

#4 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

Check properties of your LAN connections:
Following items must be presented and checked:
Client for Microsoft Network
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

Your PCs must be in one workgroup

Edited by eLenka, 10 June 2008 - 03:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users