Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Sp3 "windows Updates Won't Install"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jwindyka

Jwindyka

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:55 AM

Lately My windows updates won't install. They will download with no problem but when I click to install them it will pop up Updates were not installed. Can you help me in anyway?

I updated to SP3. I think a setting was changed I did have some viruses but I just posted a HJT log to see if there was more on the computer. I have Network Magic installed and AVG Internet Security 8.0 installed. I thought maybe it was my firewall but I can get E-mails through Outlook express. So anyone know how to fix this one? Let Me Know.

James W.
Texas Fan Works

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

Failures for updates to install and internet connection problems can be signs that you may still be infected or the steps taken to rid yourself of these infections did the damage...Since you have an open topic in the HJThis forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system until requested by the helpers there...This can cause problems and delays as to the directions that they take to help you....Be patient, as they are usually very busy.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 Jwindyka

Jwindyka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

Thank you for your advice I thought that is what was going to be said. I am going to get this one computer working first then get them to help me on my other one. They both got infected just I was able to clean one up a little better then the other but I think both of them are still infected.

James

Failures for updates to install and internet connection problems can be signs that you may still be infected or the steps taken to rid yourself of these infections did the damage...Since you have an open topic in the HJThis forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system until requested by the helpers there...This can cause problems and delays as to the directions that they take to help you....Be patient, as they are usually very busy.

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

No problem...Once you get them cleaned up and the helpers in the other forum inform you that they are finished, if you have any other questions or problems feel free to come back here and we will do our best to answer...
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

Nice words Douglas :thumbsup:

Please wait until the HJT team clears you. Thanks!

rigel