Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone! Intro From A Rock Hound In Ca.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rkladykris

rkladykris

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

:flowers: Yah!! Wonderful site!
I read all the intro/info about posting and thought I understood it- but here I am with my first post-
a simple introduction and already I'm having a 'Grandma Moment' :trumpet: I couldn't find a page to write on unless I clicked 'new topic'. I don't want to start a new topic! :) just want to add this under the topic 'introduction'. (or am I a new topic ?) :cool:

Intro: I'm addicted to the computer and genealogy.. a Grandma to 8 fantastic kids, a rock hound with tons of fascinating and different rocks (found, not bought)

Finding you all couldn't have come at a better time! I was ready to delete everything :inlove: and re-install XP, but now I'm looking forward to help from your wonderful network of people!

THANKS! :thumbsup:

rkladykris :P

Edited by rkladykris, 10 June 2008 - 04:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

Your introduction was done properly since you made a new post in the Introduction Forum, so your "grandma moment" was not a bad thing at all.
I am sure we can help you avoid the pain and suffering of wiping your drive and reinstalling both Windows and all the applications you have.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Hi and welcome from another grandma. I'm into rocks too. All rocks are beautiful, but I collect the quartz crystal kind mostly. Citrine, smoky quartz, amethyst, etc. Points, clusters, crystal balls, geodes, etc. I have my best specimens in a lighted curio cabinet. I love my rocks!

PS. I guess I'm addicted to the computer too. :thumbsup:

Edited by mommabear, 10 June 2008 - 01:29 PM.

#4 rkladykris

rkladykris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

:thumbsup: I added that in my intro hoping to met some one who loves rocks like I do! We have a lot of quartz crystal where I live in northern CA. The majority of my rocks were found at my daughtes (3000 acres) in the Ochoco Mountains in central Oregon... Do you have pictures? I've been putting some of mine on a site where I can share..
take care,
Kris

Edited by rkladykris, 10 June 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#5 rkladykris

rkladykris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

:flowers: Thank you John!! I so hated the idea of starting over! I'll work on how to word my help request, broken down to one thing at a time... As you say, "HELP!" and throwing it all out there will just add to the confusion and get me nowhere!
Thanks again!!
Feelin better already!
:thumbsup:
Kris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users