Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billybob43

billybob43

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

Just today, I tried to open the internet site, www.msn.com and it brings up the white page, just before it downloads the whole page, but then it freezes up and will not do anything, just the hour glass rotating. It just started doing this today!
So, I unplugged my modem for about 5 minutes, and plugged it back in, but the same thing happened, it froze up again when I started to bring up a internet site! So this time, I unplugged my router for about 5 minutes, but the same problem, if froze up again. So now, I am checking the hard drive for errors! If this does not help, then I don't know what to do! I also keep getting an error message when I hit ctrl>alt>delete to unfreeze it, but then, it wants to send an error report to Microsoft, so I do, then the page closes down. It also brings up an error message, that instructs me to click start>run, EVENTvwr and clear the error reports? Does anyone know why this is happening. I would really appreciate a response from someone who knows more then I do of whats going on! This has never happened before, its crazy! Everything else works fine! But when I try to open a web site, boom, it freezes up!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

It could be a browser problem, what browser are you using?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

What are the error messages that are recorded in the event viewer? Post some of them here...it may give us an idea of what might be causing this issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

This explains how to use the event viewer and access information about error codes.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users