Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Aol And Ie7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 C-info

C-info

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

I have a laptop running vista(which I hate). I had trouble deleting a folder about a week going on two and I thought I had fixed the problem when another one started.I cannot get somethings to open.I have reinstalled aol about 3 times now with no luck. I can check my emails and open a few websites but I cannot open the banks where I have my checking accounts. I check them everyday but have not been able to in aol or IE7 since last week. Over the weekend I downloaded firefox and was able to get in with it but I can't seem to get in any other way I had avast(free version) on it but thought it might be the problem and tried to uninstal it a couple of times with no luck. Finally I went back to there website and downloaded there removal utility and was able to remove it.
I have done a restore on it twice but the both times it only goes back 5 days and I have had this problem longer than that so no restore point will work.Any suggestions on getting things to open for me especially the bank!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:43 AM

Go to Start and type in "iexplore -extoff" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Internet Explorer will launch without addons - then try and access the sites that are giving you a problem.
If you're able to access the sites, then it's a problem with an addon in IE. You can disable addons individually by closing IE, then reopening it by clicking on the IE icon (don't redo the command above). Then go to the Tools menu and select "Manage addons".
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 C-info

C-info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

Ok if I did it right I went to start and run typed in "iexplore" and hit enter.. it open the internet which I have the home page set at google and I tried to open the bank website but nothing happened so I closed it and reopened IE and went to tools/manage add-ons and looked but the bank's name was not listed. How do I get the banks name in the list or can I?

Thanks for all your help,

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

You were supposed to type in iexplore -extoff

Did you do that?

#5 C-info

C-info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Yes I did type in "iexplore-extoff" with and without the dash and still it tells me it is disabled and wants me to enable java script. Do you have any suggestions on enabling the java.I already went in and made sure they were marked under IE security. Still nothing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users