Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With My First Solo Build

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XxThegr81xX

XxThegr81xX

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

I am doing my first solo build for my friends computer and I have hooked everything up, but when i boot it up it stays at the XFX screen until i press the power button, then it skips ahead to the bios. I can't do anything in the bios because the keyboard won't work though... does anyone have any tips or things to try that could be the cause?

OCZ 1010w PSU
Logitech G15 v2
2GB OCZ DDR3 1600mhz RAM
WD 400gb SATA HDD
XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 CPU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 XxThegr81xX

XxThegr81xX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

Update:

Cleared the CMOS *Not fixed*
Reconnected CD/DVD drives *Not fixed*
Reconnected HDD *Not fixed*

#3 XxThegr81xX

XxThegr81xX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:09 PM

Bump

I sent something to XFX

Motherboard hangs at XFX screen; Power button passes to BIOS where keyboard is unusable - tried 4 keyboards, two USB and two PS/2; Not sure of importance, but when PSU is switched on the computer starts up fully. Also, the board beeps when DEL key is hit repeatedly. When in the BIOS or the CMOS check (which currently fails) and it reads "Press F1 to continue or DEL to setup" the keyboard doesn`t respond.

#4 zedsed420

zedsed420

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

Have you rechecked and verified your mobo connections and psu connection? If you have a pc thats operational, email tech support for your mobo manufacturer? Sounds like you got a gremlin or a bad mobo connection somewhere.

Asus Crosshair III  Motherboard, AMD PhenomII x4 965 custom watercooled XSPC Raystorm copper block,  8g Mushkin Blackline
2 XFX Radeon 4890's in Crossfire mode custom watercooled full copper EK blocks,  XSPC rs360 triple 120 radiator 
850w Antec full modular 80plus certified,  NZXT Switch Black case  Custom Watercooled Laing DDC w/ XSPC pumptop res

Tygon black tubing,  all Bitspower fittings and clamps, 2 Samsung 1T spinpoint F1's 

Windows 7 Professional x64 dual boot Ubuntu 12.10

#5 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

I personally looked at it, and all the PSU connections are good. The strange thing is that it does recognize that a keyboard is present. If you just start mashing buttons, eventually it will start beeping at you. I suggested an RMA on the board, but we're waiting on an answer from tech support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users