Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Installed. But At Start Up 75% Of The Time It Says No Operating System Found!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jvharps

jvharps

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

Hi everyone,

okay so I have a Huge problem here. First here are the computer specs:

Hp pavillion dv9000 enterainment edition,
Vista home premium service pack #1,
Intel duo core T5200 1.60 GHz,
2gb of ram,
32-bit operating system,
dvd-rw + light scribe,
Hitachi 160gb hard drive 5400rpm
nividia Geforce Go 7600

heres my problem: I bought this computer from a private party about a month ago, the thing worked great for about a week. Then all of a sudden when I went to boot it up it took a while during the intial HP screen then said "No Operating System Found". So I turned it off and back on again a few times, and finally it booted into vista. It didnt do it again for a few days, and now here I am everytime I go to turn on my computer I have to either tap it a couple of times, Unplug the power supply from it, or open the dvd drive bay and try it again. I dont know if any of what I am doing is helping it start up or not, but I do it anyway just in hopes to get it up and going. I have do a clean install on it in hopes that it was just the Master boot record, but with no changes. I have checked the driver software and all of it is up to date. PLEASE HELP ME, summer school is about to start and I need a computer for the class....

Thanks.

Vince

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

That is indicative of an imminent hard drive failure, or a loose cable. Please don't slap your computer anymore though. Electronics, especially heated electronics, are not made to withstand being slapped around, and you are likely to break something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users