Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

H/w Monitor Status Abnormal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hurris

hurris

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

alright, so i got everything, a computer-nerd friend of mine told me what i would need. i got it all. i set it all up, turned the computer on, and then got this message, "H/W MONITOR STATUS ABNORMAL enter setup to check voltage, fan speed and temp stats. i've done this multiple times, then someone told me on another forum that it was probably because of my power supply being bad. which i think is impossible because it is a brand new 500v power supply.

i have an asus m2n-e motherboard, a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 cpu, and some rather old nvidia gforce card. i've tried three different power supplies, all have the same problem.

vcore voltage - 2.10v
3.3v - 3.43v
5v - 5.13
12v - 12.43
m/b temp - 33celcius
cpu fan speed - 3000rpm

i can't seem to figure out how to fix this. any help would be great. thanks

edit: i forgot to mention that the computer restarts after about 3 minutes

Edited by hurris, 08 June 2008 - 08:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users