Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crazy Question? Virus On/in Monitor? Possible?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mnm495

mnm495

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hi, I just have to ask if anyone knows if it is at all possible to have a virus or any kind of infection, hacker, attached to your monitor only? So, that when you reformat your hard drive & reinstall Windows and even get a new computer tower with the same monitor, that you still have the same infection? Just curious, I've never heard of such a thing, have a friend telling me this is what has happened to her computer.

Thank you,
mnm :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hi mnm,
I don't think that's possible...I have never ever heard an infection attached to a monitor. I don't even know how can that happen ever... Infections can do damage to your computer but never herd of anything related to a monitor.
Maybe this is something new that I don't know yet.

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users