Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 muffin7094

muffin7094

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

thee other day my pc started blue screening. The error message led me to believe it was a driver error so i tried to restart pc in safe mode so i could uninstall the latest softeware i had installed but it just kept blue screening. Now remembering when this happened about 18 months ago and was told at the time to reformat and do clean install i decided to do this. the reformat went well but when pc started about 15 minutes into the xp installation process and guess what, yes it started blue screening. My initial thought was to get a big hammer but my sanity came back to me and i phoned the support guys cause its still under warranty. in there ultimate wisdom they decided that it was either a ram issue or hard drive failure so put me through to fujitsu siemens support for the warranty. They decided yes the hard drive needs replacing. An hour later i had to phone them again cause the pc suddenly switched itself off and wouldnt start up again so they hve decided that they will install a new motherboard and power supply to. Me personally believe that the ram chips are the issue because after running hirens boot cd and doing ram diagnostics it said my total memory was 1024mb but available memory was only 552kb. i have been told that the reason the pc is not starting up(a green led on motherboard lights up) is because the motherboard has crashed. so how do i rectify the fact the motherboard had crashed. i removed the reinstalled the battery, reset the jumpers on the motherboard but nothing. what have i missed here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

I guess that I don't understand why you wonder about anything...if the manufacturer is replacing various parts.

Am I misunderstanding?

Louis

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hi muffin7094,

Since it's under warranty you should let them fix it. But if you are looking for more information, could you write down the blue screen message that appears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users