Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Blocks Download

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flashystunnaboy

flashystunnaboy

• Banned
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

i use bellsouth dsl for my internet connection and i use internet explorer and it keeps blocking me from downloading something from the bellsouth site, it keeps saying there signature has expired or is invalid how do i stop this, and it says i HAVE to use internet explorer in order to download it, help me if you can, i've already went to the options and set it up to allow it but it still blocks me from downloading it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hello flashystunnaboy,

My first step would be to contact your ISP and tell them about the invalid or expired signature problem you are experiencing. It is possible that they have a newer download OR that they need to update something in relation to the download.

A second possibility is that your computer clock needs to be reset. Perhaps it thinks it is a later year than it actually is. That would also cause the problem you have. If you need assistance in checking or changing it, please let us know and also what Operating System you use: Windows XP, Vista etc.

If neither of those are the issue, then I believe the answer lies in how your Internet Options handles security certificates. However, I'm not too familiar with that aspect as I mostly don't use Internet Explorer. It would be helpful to know which version of Internet Explorer you have: IE6, IE7, etc.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 June 2008 - 09:25 PM.
Delete extra signature. ~ OB

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users