Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Saver Corrupting Display Of Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PaulJ II

PaulJ II

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

I have a very strange problem, I'm stumped and would appreciate any help.
On my new HP6910 laptop, when my XP Pro SP3 (system default XP) Screen Saver comes on, the screen has a partial heavily corrupted copy of the bottom taskbar at the top of the screen (!) and when I ctrl-alt-delete and enter my password the taskbar at the bottom is missing all of its text but otherwise looks reasonable. The Oulook, Word, and other started tasks in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen have their icons, just no text, even if there is a group of them and you hover the mouse over the group and they expand. Most of them still work, but Windows Desktop Search (WDS) doesn't work and I have to close them and restart them. This seemed to start a few days after I installed WDS, added a DVI monitor to the docking station and the same day I installed Activesync 4.5. I've reinstalled WDS and removed my wallpaper but this didn't help, I'm about to reinstall Activesync but it takes a few hours to sync for the first time so I thought I would see if anybody had any other ideas before doing this.
All help is greatly appreciated!

paul

Edited by PaulJ II, 08 June 2008 - 03:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users