Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clip Board

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

I just located my clip board on my computer. I't full of date transfer. Does xp-pro do this automaticly or did I do it? Can it be cleared with out hurting any thing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

Hello.

Do you mean the Clip Board viewer (Clipbrd)? If so then you can clear it.

What did you mean "by I't full of date transfer"? Could you perhaps post a screenshot?

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

- ' Code
SourceFile
ConstantValue
Exceptions java/awt/datatransfer/Clipboard  java/lang/Object  ()V <init>

Ljava/lang/String; name 
  &Ljava/awt/datatransfer/ClipboardOwner; owner     $Ljava/awt/datatransfer/Transferable; contents     H(Ljava/awt/datatransfer/Clipboard;Ljava/awt/datatransfer/Transferable;)V
lostOwnership   $java/awt/datatransfer/ClipboardOwner    Clipboard.java (Ljava/lang/String;)V getName ()Ljava/lang/String; setContents M(Ljava/awt/datatransfer/Transferable;Ljava/awt/datatransfer/ClipboardOwner;)V getContents 8(Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/awt/datatransfer/Transferable; !    

* *+  ! # $   4   (*  * , * **   *, *+  ! % &      *   ! "      *     If I do a search I get clip board and if I
do a (start, run, clipbrd I get clipbook viewer. They both are the same. Thanks I didn't know the command clipbrd.
This is just one of them. All dated 2002. Could they have been put in there when the computer was built.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hello.

Looks like a C++ program. Take a look here. I have no idea why it's displaying in your clip board though.

It's nothing to worry about.

With Regards,
The Panda
edit: spelling...

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 09 June 2008 - 02:24 PM.

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Just had a look in the Java API, http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/ look it the packages frame for java.awt.datatransfer
Regards,

Alan.

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

I think what your telling me is that I can clean all that out with no problems. Is that correct? Thank all of you for your time and hard work.

#7 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hello.

Yes you can clear that out. If you want to be extra safe, you can save the contents of the clip board.

I still don't know exactly how that got into the clip board. Some programs will "borrow" the clip board. It is possible that the contents will come right back.

With Regards,
The Panda

#8 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hello Sir. I don't know how it got there either. Thank you for you time. I will get rid of all of it. I'm trying to learn and you have help me a lot. If it comes back I will deal with it. I hope I will still be able to come back to B/C and ash for help. I would like every body to know; I get all my help here. It has always worked. At your pleasure Sir this subject should be closed. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users