Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Faulty Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedDwarf

RedDwarf

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Hello der

I have been using my DVD burner for for burning for 2 or 3 years now, fairly often. Now I have an issue where it will read dvds ok but when it goes to burn, it has an error at 56%. It is always 56% regardless of the dvd I am burning. I think maybe it has finally died but b4 I go out and buy a new one I wanted to confirm it is faulty and not something else.

Any advice?

Cheers in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

This could be a driver issue, or a firmware issue. Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any error in the DVD/CD-ROM section? Try uninstalling it while you're there, reboot and let the Installation Wizard reinstall it and find drivers for it. Have you looked online to see if there are any updates from the manufacturer for the firmware?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 RedDwarf

RedDwarf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for the reply
I have just re-installed it. There hasn't been a new firmware update since 2001!!!! Maybe that says something. I am now about to test it. Will let you know how it goes.

#4 RedDwarf

RedDwarf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

Sorry for the late reply.
It seems to be working better after reinstalling it. Might get a bit more out of it yet.
Thanks for the help.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:20 AM

Glad to hear that you have it working again. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users