Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Geforce 7300 Bsod

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 commonprotocol

commonprotocol

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

So I just installed a Geforce 7300 in my computer, and I decided to do a fresh install of XP with it, well when i did the install i formatted the drive and xp installed fine, everything displayed right, i could restart as many times as i wanted and everything worked, I was displaying out of the graphics card, however after I installed the latest Nvidia drivers when I restarted my computer loads into Bios goes to the screen where you can select to boot into safe mode or normal mode when I select normal mode it starts loading the monitor blacks out and I hit the BSOD but I cant tell what the error is because my computer immediately restarts.
I've got a gig of ddr2 ram an amd x2 2 gig processor, and my previous graphics card never had this problem the only thing i changed was my graphics card. the weird part is that installing the drivers causes the problem.
any ideas or possible solutions?

fun fact, when i boot into safe mode (which works) and run dxdiag my graphics card doesnt show up under the display heading as a matter of fact nothing does.
and also the BIOS text is displayed in alternating red and white (which is nothing i did) whether a character is red or white seems to change when i make a selection in the bios boot screen.

Edited by commonprotocol, 07 June 2008 - 09:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

I have pretty much the same video card and I run it on the drivers that came with it. I read a few places on line where people had trouble with the new version drivers. Have you tried to run it on the drivers that came with the card? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 commonprotocol

commonprotocol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

I don't have the drivers, I was given the card by a friend so I don't have the disc is their anyway I can get the original files?

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:31 AM

I found THIS DRIVER, I don't know if it's the original but I'm pretty sure it's not the latest. You might want to give it a try. Just remember to uninstall the other driver first... :thumbsup:

And let us know if it works, or doesn't work...
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 commonprotocol

commonprotocol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:29 AM

thanks! I'm not at home right now but when i try it I'll get back to you!

#6 commonprotocol

commonprotocol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

yeah it did the same thing... I'm beginning to think the video card is just dead.

#7 commonprotocol

commonprotocol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

So to provide closure the friend who gave me this new it was broken at the time,
worst prank ever....
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users