Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Cpu Is Running Hot!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpumelter

cpumelter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

Specs:
AMD 2.4 Athlon 64 4000 Socket 939
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
1 GB RAM
120 mm intake/exhaust fans - case is clean.
Cooling Fans:
CPU 2163 RPM
Thermaltake CL-P0200 80mm Silent 939 K8 - AMD K8 solution w/ Heatpipe Cooling

SpeedFan, CoreTemp & other monitor pgms. report the CPU at 45 - 55 C at idle. This is with the side of the case on or off. There is a side case 120 mm fan that directs airflow right into the cpu fan. I also took the side off & set a small room fan blowing directly on it, no difference. I re-seated the HSF, new compound, no change.

I guess the heat from the vid card is rising into the cpu fan, maybe...vid card temps around 48 - 55 C.
Is there anything I can do to get these temps down into a reasonable range? Others don't seem to have this problem. :thumbsup:

Edited by cpumelter, 07 June 2008 - 05:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mckooter

mckooter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

do you have a definate air flow,

generally its in from the front, out from the back, the fan on the case near the cpu isnt nearly as critical as making sure you put as much air in the front as you take out of the back... it seems a bit hot for this to be the case, but i figured id check
You can just call me Chris

I found out I was Marilyn Monroe in a previous life

#3 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:01 AM

120 mm fan in bottom front of case. I was thinking of installing a second intake fan in the front. I have room in the top, there are empty bays. I don't know if that would help the situation or not.

This cpu is running at close to 50 C 1 -2 minutes after startup. This is the case with pics showing the fans, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users