Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Is Entirely Blue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GIR101

GIR101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

After running smitfraud fix in safe mode and booting it into normal mode (with out internet connected) the pc was fine. The icons were all there, everything worked and I didn't have a bunch of malware pop-ups every ten seconds.

BUT, when I turned off the pc so that I could plug it back into the internet connection and turned it on, the whole desktop is blue. The start bar (I guess is what you'd call it) is a different shade though. It goes from a more purple tinge on the left to a darker blue tinge on the right.

explorer.exe is working as I can see it in the processes tab in task manager, my task manager works, but no icons are on the desktop. Does anybody have an idea as to whats going on? Has anybody had this problem, and what should I try to do in order to fix this?

Also, the start button on keyboard doesn't do anything

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users