Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll Error Message, And I Am Infected For Sure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hero2287

Hero2287

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

So I just recently got infected with a whole host of things it seems. While my computer is running an error message keeps popping up over and over, multiple times. It states "RUNDLL Error loading. The specified module could not be found." And will not stop popping up again and again.

I am currently running a Sophos Antivirus full system deep scan and it has discovered the following:

Troj/Virtum-Gen
Troj/Privacy-A
Mal/EncPk-DH
Mal/DownLdr-O
identified as Virus/Spyware

It says it can't clean it up because they are not whole, so I am running another scan to see if it can fix anything. I have also ran Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, Spybot V.1.5.2 and that keeps popping up saying registry entries have been added or values deleted. I also have an external hard drive that I am afraid got infected as well, as the Mal/EncPk-DH is on there.

I am running a Toshiba Sattelite S135 with Windows XP. Any help is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:24 AM

That vundo part will be the hardest to clean, if you need further assistance would you try MBAM for a scan and fix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062

the worst part of an infection is what your AV program doesn't find

Edited by DaChew, 08 June 2008 - 03:24 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Hero2287

Hero2287
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

I appreciate the help, but I was told that I shouldn't try and use other people's fixes for my own problem. I will try this MBAM program and see what it coes up with and post the results. Thanks!

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

Would you please review a few of the threads in this subforum and find some where we don't ask for a MBAM scan and fix?

You seem to have misinterpreted that advise. The purpose of this forum is to try to help people solve the easier infections with common tools that are safer to use.

My link went to post 2 in a certain thread, after posting a log we can decide whats next

Edited by DaChew, 10 June 2008 - 07:10 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users