Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

This will probably turn out to be a really stupid question, but can someone tell me what is going on with Trend Micro at the moment?

To be more specific:
I was running TM Internet Security 2003 having updated it almost daily. It's last specs were -
Program = 11.41
Build = 5015
Engine = 7.510
Pattern = 2.534.00

The subscription was due to expire so I purchased an update online, I then had to download over 30MB of data on a dial up connection :flowers: :thumbsup:

When the download finally finished and I ran the install (a black art in itself) this is what I ended up with -
Program = 11.00
Build = 1253
Engine = 6.740
Pattern = 1.630.00

Now that I've reconnected to the internet my Trend Micro AV has settled in for a nice long, slow, major update (still going). If, as I suspect, the point of the exercise was to give me a new serial number which will give me another twelve months subscription, then why the hell did I need to do a 30MB "update" in the first place?

Call me crazy but is it beyond their capabilities to just update the Serial number?

I like Trend Micro PC-cillin, I think its one of the best AV programs around, but its subscription update process sucks! :trumpet: :inlove:

Thank you for allowing me to get this off my chest :)

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

Looks like their downloads arent updated to the latest version. Kinda silly to me.

#3 lister42

lister42

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:25 AM

Don't be such a smeghead...most connections today are broadband companies, like trend, that develop software for large companies cannot be concerned with a shrinking majority of users that are restricted to outdated dialup speeds.

With that said, yes, I agree, installing the software is a black art :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users