Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My HijackThis! Log

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Infernal-Aura

Infernal-Aura

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:17 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 3:04:23 PM, on 4/19/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolwbspd.exe
C:\AOL Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ign.com/
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe /WAITSERVICE
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'imon.dll' missing
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/...8092.7465972222
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{91E93078-1DE9-42C5-84BA-E23CA1F49419}: NameServer = 205.188.146.146

If anybody could help me I would appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:01 PM

There is nothing wrong with this log.

Are you having problems or just wanted to make sure?

#3 Infernal-Aura

Infernal-Aura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:06 PM

I am having problems with my PC. It is constantly restarting on me and I don't know what exactly is causing it.

#4 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:38 PM

Explain the problem in more detail. When does it restart? If you reboot your computer , does it restart immediately or after a certain amount of time.

This does not sound lke spyware or hijackers but rather something else which we would be more than happy to help you with.

#5 Infernal-Aura

Infernal-Aura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:35 PM

It restarts randomly. Could happen 5 minutes after startup, could happen an hour or two after that. I asked at another forum and they suggested it may be hardware related.

#6 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:52 PM

Have you installed any new hardware lately...or moved the computer to a new location?

Random reboots can be caused by a computer overheating. Is there anything that you placed recently in front of or behind the computer? There is a enough space in front of and behind the computer for air to get in?

#7 Infernal-Aura

Infernal-Aura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:38 PM

I don't believe it is overheating. The fans are running fine and there's plenty of space for air circulation.

Now that I think about it, the random reboots started about the time I got my new video card, motherboard, and processor. That was about 4 months ago. Maybe one of those could be causing it?

#8 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:38 AM

What video card did you get? Also what is the power rating of your power supply?

#9 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:35 AM

I would suggest that you turn the error reporting on. Go to START > Control Panel > System > Advanced. Click Error Reporting, check the enable error reporting, and Windows operating system, and programs. Click OK /apply and exit out of the control panel. This will force the blue screen of death, when something is going wrong. On this screen, it will give you a code, that I can look up, to find out what is going wrong. This should bypass the computer from restarting.

I would suggest that you update your video card driver. You should be able to find it easily by Google for the model number. Make sure that you do not use the one that Microsoft is providing. That driver is really just to get you going long enough to get you on line, to be able to update it. In some cases, you may have to restart the computer for the driver to take effect. Prior to installing, I would recommend that you have a current restore point.

It is possible that you would have to update the firmware on the mobo of CPU, but I would really save this as a last resort.

In the case, that you think that it is overheating, you may need to d/l a program that can watch the temp, in real time. That would be beyond my realm of expertise, but I am sure that someone else can assist you.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:54 AM

Great program for checking temperatures is Motherboard Monitor

#11 Infernal-Aura

Infernal-Aura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

MrSnausage, my video card is a Radeon 9600 XT. The power rating for my power supply is 350W.

JEservices, ok I turned that on. As for my video card drivers, they are up to date already.

#12 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:44 PM

When it restarts again, make sure that you write down exactly what it says. Likely, the Print-screen will not work, so have paper and pen handy.

#13 Infernal-Aura

Infernal-Aura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

I got a blue screen this time but I only wrote down this code at the end. Here it is:

Technical Information

***STOP: 0x00000023 (0x000E00E0, 0xF7C8EA1C, 0xF7C8E71C, 0x80534530)

EDIT: Got another error

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

(left out some stuff here. Didn't seem important)

Technical Information

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x757A6842, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF74EA8B6)

*** NVENET.sys - Address F74EA8B6 base at F74E7000, Datestamp 3d8f62cd

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

#14 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:59 PM

From Microsofts knowledgebase:

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.
Interpreting the Message

This Stop message has four parameters:

1. Memory referenced.
   2. IRQL at time of reference.
   3. Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
   4. Address that referenced memory.

Resolving the Problem

For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

* Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

For more information about Stop 0xD1 messages, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base link on the Web Resources page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources. Search using keywords winnt, 0x000000D1, and 0xD1.

It said it found this problem with the NVENET.sys file which is part of the driver for your nForce chipset by Nvidia, for the integrated ethernet controller, that is on your motherboard You may want to go to the motherboard site or nvidia and see if you can download a newer driver.

#15 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:54 AM

You actually have several different problems, but I would like for you to try them, in the order listed, and wait a few days, before you go to the next step to see if it works.

1-you may have the correct and most current video driver, but for your card, there is a very specific way that you have to install them (yes, I said them as in more then one). Quoted from Arena Forums, "in the manual of the 9600 it says DO THIS FIRST (PG.1) download drivers for the gart drivers or the OS will not see all the video cards memory. " From there, you may want to read this article and if it applies to you, follow those directions.

2-Try out a different video card, but only if you have another one. Don't go out and purchase it, to try this.

3-Increase your PSU to at least 400WT. Save the one you currently have, as you may need it in the future. Having such a powerful video card, that itself may take up to 150-200WT.

I am sure that will take care of your random start-ups; however, in the meantime, I will be searching for more ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users