Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Media Players

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

Hi Folks ! I truly hope all of you are having a great day.I do not know for certain if this post would be best placed in this Forum.I thought I would give it a try.My wife and I love to watch youtube.com music videos with the flv format.Occasionally we watch something that is in the avi,acc, mpeg video format also.That's pretty much it. I am hoping somebody very knowledgeable about Internet flv or Multi-Media,Media Players reads this post or somebody points me to a link of some kind or another person that can advise me.Also if anybody knows of a better Forum I should/could transfer this post to I would appreciate the information tremendously. I would greatly appreciate some help and guidance from somebody with a very good knowledge of these players.I have been using 1-2 Players the past few years.One was Musicmatch and the other two were Real Player 11.0 and Windows Media 11.0 We have had a lot of trouble with Library the getting corrupted,on one of these players.wav and mp3 files put in where my flv videos should be and Windows Media player trying to get in the way and do as it pleases.I do not understand why but some players also tend to be very bad at duplicating my videos therefore take up unnecessary space.I am looking for a very good dependable flv or Multi-media player that is freeware,shareware, or programs that must be purchased for 75.00 and under.I also want one other thing and that is to burn my videos over onto DVD.The thing I have loved about Real Player is it's scroll over the video downloading and recording manager system..If a flv Player only is recommended to me , would you please tell me what type downloader you have and how the system works.I am By FAR NOT the most knowledgeable person about anything other than Windows Media 11.0,Real Player 11.0 , and Musicmatch.That't it .Also I do not know a whole lot about thee players.Some of these players seem to have way to much stuff on them that is not needed and just complicates things badly.I am looking for a user friendly player,as less complicated as can be, with a users manual and can play 3-4 formats and burn DVD's with it to copy my videos to watch on TV..One that is dependable ,and does not take your playing rights away from you.I would be more in line to setup a freeware player but if somebody knows of one like I say under 75.00 better yet as low as possibble to get my moneys worth.The most player for the least expense.I am disabled and due to gas prices,etc, I have had to cut out some things I normally would do.I am sure our whole nation and everybody is being impacted.Some FAR worse than others.I know all of you have too.God Bless ! Have a TERRIFIC Friday and a SUPER weekend.Sincerely,Heartbeat85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:19 PM

Real Player 11 is probably the easiest way to download videos online. But if you don't like their player and prefer Windows Media or possibly VLC or whatever, you can right click on the clip in your Real Player library and transfer it to My Videos in Windows. Then you can watch it on any player you like. I don't use MusicMatch so I can't comment on that. There are other ways to download video clips but Real has made it very easy. The other day I used it to download a clip and uploaded it to my Blogger account to post it on my blog. That took a total of about ten minutes. That's very easy.

#3 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

Thanks frankp, The only thing about that is for example if you save in my Videos and want to play in Windows Media 11 the format would have to be converted to wmv in order to play the video.Also if I saved them in my videos how would I add each video to a Player I wanted to use.I know that sounds dumb but I do not know a lot about converting and addind videos or playlists to a new Player.Could you possibbly elaborate further.Thanks a bunch ! Sincerely,Heartbeat85

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:26 AM

When Real Player downloads a clip, it downloads it in the format that it's in, usually Flash. It used to be that Real Player would only play clips in the Real format but they were getting clobbered by other media players so they've changed that. So you can use any media player you like. I have about half dozen media players that I use for different things. It's all a matter of personal preference. Considering what you want to do, Real Player should be your default player just to keep things simple. Something like VLC will play pretty much anything so give that a shot.

#5 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:51 AM

Hi, Thanks for the information.Did you know that in Real Player under Media preferences flv is not even listed.Usually even when I have saved files it transfers them to RMP format.I tried the VLC a little bit but it's complex.98% of the time we play only flash (flv) videos.Thanks for your help frankp.Sincerely,Heartbeat85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users