Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Track Pad On Gateway Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

Hi! Can anyone help me with shutting off the erratic mouse track pad on my Gateway ML3209 laptop.

You can't type on this damned laptop without inadvertantly hitting the stupid mouse pad track pad. I can find the driver..if I delete the driver will I still be able to use a regular mouse.

This track pad is the dumbest thing ever invented. I think it is made by synoptics...a pox on synoptics.

HELP

44guy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I don't know if you need to disable the pointing device.

I had a friend's laptop a few weeks ago with same device. I prefer using a mouse and I attached one via USB port. I believe that inactivated the Synoptics device.

You can also probably disable it in the BIOS. Doing so should have no impact at all on the use of a mouse.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2008 - 02:03 PM.

#3 Bowdie4th

Bowdie4th

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hey,

Have you checked in the control panel? Usually, there is an icon/link for the mouse
and there should be a tab for the sensitivity of the touch pad. You can lessen it or
disable it altogether. How you get to the mouse in control panel will differ depending
upon your operating system and the view you are using.

I know someone who was absolutely crazed when she tried to type because the cursor
bounced all over the place. For different laptops there are hotkeys to temp disable or
you can disable it in control panel. Hope this helps.

#4 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

Mouse in the control panel only refers to PS2 mouse. I did change speed but saw nothing to disable.

Nothing in bios. MSconfig doesn't seem to have anything, although there is something in one of the sub menus, but I am not sure it is for synoptics. I went to synoptics web site...terrible web site. Hopefully they will reply to an e mail.

Beware of Gateway laptops, fans.

44 guy

#5 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

_more on mouse track pad in Gateway laptop. The ps2 mouse in control panel shows two drivers, but I don't know which one is for the track pad.

Also when you click install driver, it tells you to go to a location at
C:\ATI\Support\8_3igp_32_dd_cp_CCC_WDM. This is a driver in the ATI directory and seems to be related

Are there any geeks out there who can help me out? I got a lot of information but don't know what to do with it. I could delete the drivers one at a nd time, but if I do that,
won't windows just reinstall it on boot up through plug and play?

Does anybody have a hot key list for Gateway laptops? Help! 44 guy

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:01 AM

This thread is closed.

See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151271/need-hot-key-list-for-gateway-laptop-ml-series/
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users